A new Foundations group just graduated at CrossFit SLU! Welcome all the new faces and introduce yourself this week!
We had a double under clinic planned for this coming Saturday, but with the Marysville tragedy hitting close to home in the local CrossFit community, we’ll be heading up after the Saturday classes to support MUSCLES FOR MARYSVILLE:
This event is to bring the community back together after Friday’s tragic shooting. Every penny that is brought in will go directly to the families of the victims. There will be a website up and running later today, along with flyers to hand out to every single school, CrossFit affiliate and business in the area.
There will be a workout for anybody who wants to participate, along with a showcase of CrossFit Games athletes doing a workout. We will have vendors, food trucks, and much more.
We are in the process of establishing a bank account, and we will set up a link that you can donate directly to that bank account by Monday.
Carpools will meet at the gyms around 12pm and head out by 12:15pm. More info coming soon.
Training On Tap:
– back squat 1RM
– snatch 1RM
– CGO 12.1
– clean & jerk 1RM
– 500m row
– max unbroken double unders
– max L-sit
– max handstand
– front squat 1RM
– Double Pyramid “HELEN”
– deadlift 1RM
– “TABATA THIS”
– How Heavy is Too Heavy? How to Choose Training Weights – Catalyst Athletics
– Seattle Plans 33 Miles of Protected Bike Lanes and 52 Miles of Greenways For Next Five Years – Seattle Weekly
– The Eat As Much As You Want Diet – T-Nation
– Kissing Your Socks Goodbye – NY Times
– CGO 14.3 Mobility – Jami Tikkanen of The Training Plan (deadlift prep)
– Don’t Fall For the Organic Egg Scam – Strength Sensei
– Looks Like the Medical Establishment Was Wrong About Fat – Business Insider
– Bellevue Interbay Throwdown – WODhub
– Locked-In Syndrome – Wikipedia
– ‘The Big Lebowski’ Was the Film That Taught Me How to Take It Easy, Man – VICE
They picked one helluva picture for former Games champion Samantha Briggs:
Lauren Fisher clean & jerks 213lbs/97kg: