Recipe: Pastel de Papa
MAKE THIS FOR DINNER THIS WEEK! More or less a paleo shepard’s pie.
Paleo Nick had a food truck at the CrossFit Games this past summer and he sold these there. I probably ate 2-3 of these a day.
• 4 lb. ground grass-fed beef
• 12 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
• 8 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into uniform cubes of 2-3 in.
• 1 large onion, small dice
• 1⁄4 c. fresh garlic, minced
• 2 28-oz. cans tomato product (crushed, purée or sauce)
• 2 cups raisins
• 3 tbsp. olive oil
• 1 18.5-oz. can sliced green olives
• Kosher salt, to taste
• Black pepper, to taste
• 1⁄4 c. Italian seasoning