ACTIVE REST or RECOVERY
– Talk to each other and get to the gym at the same time
– Do either the 40-stroke warmup + 1000m OR the 7’s + 1000m
– Then play a game of ROWLING
Option 2: Track workout
– 20 min general warmup. Be sweaty and make sure the legs have been throughly used
– 6x100m. Use the straightaway on the track to measure your time if you’d like.
– after the 100m sprint, jog out at least 100m, followed by a walk until you hit the starting point again. Repeat for a total of 6 runs
– make sure you cool down properly and stretch for recovery!
or let’s take a page from Invictus Recovery days:
Mobility and Maintenance
– Choose 1-2 Thoracic Mobility Drills from Kelly Starrett’s Mobility WOD and spend 5-10 minutes with them.
– Choose 1-2 Upper Extremity Mobility Drills from Kelly Starrett’s Mobility WOD and spend 5-10 minutes with them.
– Choose 2-3 Lower Extremity Mobility Drills from Kelly Starrett’s Mobility WOD and spend 10-12 minutes with them.
– Ensure that you have quality foods prepared in the appropriate quantities to fuel your efforts for the remainder of the week.
– Different for everyone – could be meditation or could be gathering with friends; the key is to engage in activities that make your life full and help you recharge your batteries.
Join either Mobility, HellaFit or CrossFit classes.