This Saturday is the 2015 Battle On Admiral, a mixed-pairs competition this coming Saturday at CrossFit West Seattle.
We will NOT have a Level 2 class so that we may support our crew. Obviously regular CrossFit class would be an option as well.
Look for event details and workout descriptions here.
A. 2 rounds for max reps. 90 sec stations working with a partner:
– alternating box jump overs, 24/20″
– thrusters/pinch-grip hold
– Assault Bike calories/double kettlebell overhead hold (16/12kg)
– stone ground-to-shoulder/bumper hold
– t2b/dead hang
B. establish a heavy OHS within 10 minutes
C. “CHIP AWAY”
20-40-20 reps for time. 16-minute cap.
front lunges, 52/34kg
weighted step-ups, 45# or 20kg to 24″/25# or 12kg to 20″
clean & jerks, 52/34kg
– Reps can be broken up however the team decides. Only one athlete can be working at a time. While 1 teammate is working, the other teammate can hold onto their equipment.
– You do not have to drop the equipment. For example, TM 1 can remain in the front rack position while TM 2 is performing their front rack lunges.Or TM 1 can hang onto the DB’s while TM 2 is finishing their box step ups.
– If a teammate chooses to hold onto the bar in the front rack position during the C&J’s, the bar must touch the floor then perform the clean. Cannot push the weight overhead from that position without performing a good Clean.
For the Front Rack lunges, must lunge in the forward direction, knee must tap the groud, and hips must open fully at the top to complete as a good rep. For the step ups, the hips must be fully open at the top of the box and must be in control.
– Teams cannot rest their DB’s on the box for safety reasons. Must rest on the ground. The Clean and Jerks must start from the floor every rep. Elbows must clear the bar in the front rack position before the bar is to travel Overhead.
– The athlete can perfom a press, push press, push jerk, or split jerk to get the weight overhead. For the split jerk, feet must come back together before lowering the weight back down to be considered a good rep.
– If the team does not finish within the time cap, the number of reps not completed will be added to your total score. For example, if you have 20 reps not completed your final time is 16:20. Each rep equals a second.
Post results to comments!